As we are two months from the Presidential election, we will be hearing a lot about polls. So here is a mini-bibliography of data, election polling research guides, and articles about public opinion polling and elections.
Current Pollster Sites
Compilation/analysis of election polls
- Roper Center at University of Connecticut, US Elections
Library Research Guides
Some articles about public-opinion polls
- Martin Boon, Predicting Elections, 54 International Journal of Market Research, 465 (2012).
- Robert Erikson and Christopher Wlezien, Markets vs. Polls as Election Predictors: An Historical Assessment, 31 Electoral Studies 532 (2012).
- Sandra Gonzalez-Bailon, Rafael E. Branchs, Andreas Kaltenbrunner, Emotions, Public Opinion, and U.S. Presidential Approval Rates: A 5-Year Analysis of Online Political Discussions, 38 Human Communication Research, 121 (2012).
- S. G. Kou and M. Sobe, Forecasting the Vote: A Theoretical Comparison of Election Markets and Public Opinion Polls, 12 Political Analysis 277 (2004).
- Paul Whiteley, et al., Polling and Forecasting the General Election of 2010, 52 International Journal of Market Research 687 (2010).